CALL FOR SCRIPTS
Announcing a call for script submissions for Stage Fright 3: An Evening of Horror Plays, to be produced in late October 2011.
- Call is open to all members of the Greensboro Playwrights Forum.
- Stage Fright 3 will only accept online submissions.
- Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submissions should be formatted as a PDF (.pdf) or Word Doc (.doc) with the title of the play as the name of the file (i.e.BillyWroteAScaryPlay.doc).
- Submissions must have a title page containing the Title, Author, Address, Phone, and Email.
- Submission must be sent between March 1, 2011 and May 15, 2011 to be accepted. Any submissions sent outside of these dates will be discarded.
- Deadline for submissions is 11:59 p.m. on May 15th.
- Plays must be between 10 to 15 pages in length in format. Any scripts that fall outside these guidelines will not be considered.
- Plays must call for a simple set and no more than 6 characters.
- Plays should take place in a single scene.
- One submission per playwright will be considered.
TIPS FOR GETTING IN:
There are only SIX slots available, so send us your best work. This year, we are looking for lean, dynamic scripts with an emphasis on scariness. Do not send us sci-fi or fantasy. The maximum number of comic horror pieces we will include is TWO, so play the odds. We are interested in new forms of horror as well as innovative takes on classic horror tropes.
Looking for ideas? Do pick something from this list (courtesy of monster-movies.com) and approach it in a way that’s never been seen before. Or pick two and combine them in a surprising way:
other forms of resurrected (with adverse consequences) corpses
demons and/or demonic possession
evil children (careful – we won’t be casting kids)
animals attacking humans (careful – we won’t be casting animals, either)
inanimate objects brought to life by black magic or twisted science
Questions? Email email@example.com. Best of luck, and remember – be scary!