CALL FOR SCRIPTS
The submission deadline for the 2014 STAGE FRIGHT: AN EVENING OF SHORT HORROR PLAYS will be June 1, 2014. Submission guidelines will be a little different this year:
1. All scripts must be 7-14 pages in format. Shorter and longer plays won’t be accepted. Not sure how to format a script? Here: http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/writersroom/scripts/stageus.pdf
2. There will be six openings this year. If you want to improve your chances, don’t send a comedy, zombie, or a ghost script – mostly because that’s the bulk of what we get.
3. Not sure if your script qualifies as horror? Make sure your script focuses on the grotesque, and that the primary purpose of the script is to scare or startle. A controversial or even Gothic topic alone does not a horror script make.
4. Submissions are to be blind submissions. Please send a copy of your play with a title page and NO AUTHOR INFORMATION in PDF format. In the body of your email, include your name, the name of your play, your email, and your telephone number. Email all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Only members of the Greensboro Playwrights Forum are eligible to submit. Not a member? It’s easy to join: http://www.greensboro-nc.gov/index.aspx?page=1468
We are very much looking forward to this year’s submissions. Notification will be June 15, 2014.